Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas in Kennewick

We spent our Christmas at home with family in Washington. It was so nice to spend time with everyone, get a little bit of a break from Hailey, and be back in the homeland.

We were home for 12 days. In those 12 days we ate at Bruchi's a total of 5 times. It was awesome, and amazing, so good, and so not healthy. We had to get our fix in while we could. :)

Christmas was good. It was fun, the food was good, the company was excellent... what more could you ask for?

Hailey and her smile were as goofy as ever.


Hailey made friends with both family dogs. Kimo, Kyle's family's dog, was scared of Hailey, so, sadly for her, she wasn't allowed to get close to him. She did do very well with my family's dog, Lucy. She petted her softly and nicely and didn't grab her fur. I'm sure if she could talk she'd say the dogs were the best part of the whole trip.



Hailey got to meet her Great-Great-Grandma! Not many people can say they've had that privilege. Great-Great Grandma Elsie lives just an hour away from Kennewick in Walla Walla. We drove down there one Sunday afternoon with Kyle's family. 

Hailey was hesitant to sit on Elsie's lap, so we weren't able to get a picture of just the two of them. This is a picture of 4 generations. Unfortunately both of Hailey's Great-Grandparents on this side of the family have passed away, so the picture is missing one generation. 

This was also the first time I had met Kyle's Great-Grandma. I'm so glad we took the time to visit.

3 comments:

  1. Great-great-Grandma! That is amazing! I love Hailey's smile! Glad you had a fabulous Christmas. I can't wait until we get to go home. I have a whole list of little restaurants I want to hit up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, the main thing I got out of that post was BRUCHI'S. Oh, I miss that place. So yummy! Eric and I need to try and find more sandwich places as good as that. I'm sure LA has to have something similar, but probably not as good. Glad you guys enjoyed your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss Bruchi's so much... I wish we had that deliciousness here. <-All said while drooling! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...