Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Keira: 3 months

Another month down. We’re onto number 3. Boy is this girl getting big!

Keira has really become vocal. I know I mentioned it last month, but she really isn’t so quiet anymore. Keira knows what she wants, and she lets you know it until she gets whatever it is.

She is still all about sitting and standing. I can’t lay her down without complaint. Sometimes she will eventually settle down and keep content on the ground. Most of the time she wants to be held, or just wants to be sitting up. Once she gains a little bit more head control she’ll be a happy girl sitting in her bumbo seat.

Keira loves to smile. Her smiles come easier and easier every day. So often all I have to do is look at her and smile, and she smiles right back at me. I. Just. Love. It.

We’ve also heard a few laughs out of her. I think that may be even better than smiles. Seriously, one laugh is enough to make your day, or week, even.

She’s getting pretty good at holding her head up high during tummy time. She has even rolled from her stomach to her back a few times in a row. That was during just one tummy time session. Maybe it was a fluke, but I swear, she did it 3 times.

I have been having so much fun with our baby girl. Before Keira, I really had a fear that I wouldn’t enjoy the second child as much as the first. The thought of starting completely over seemed so daunting. I really felt like we’ve come so far with Hailey and taught her so much. To do it all again seemed like so much work. I was totally wrong. It has been just as good. I have loved watching her hit milestones, and watching her grow. It has been so great. I’m so glad I was proved wrong.

I attempted to take some pictures of just the two of us this afternoon. It proved to be harder than I thought.

We’ll try again in a few months.

Happy 3 months Keira!

4 comments:

  1. Happy three months! I love those mommy-baby pictures at the end. And I agree, all this baby stuff is just as sweet (if not sweeter) the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss these little girls!!!! So happy we got to see them last week and I can't believe Keira is 3 months already!!!! Love the pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! She seriously is a doll, can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable! It's so fun that our girls are so close in age. :) I love the pictures of you and Kiera. :) So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...