Sunday, January 13, 2013

Keira: One Month

Keira is one month old today. One month! It doesn’t feel like it’s been that long.

At Keira’s 2 week check up she weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21 inches long. She’s growing! She is one noisy girl. She grunts and grunts and grunts. And grunts. It takes her forever to wake up. Lots of stretching and grunting and sleeping and more stretching and more grunting. Keira eats about every 2 - 2 1/2 hours during the day. The past few evenings she has given me stretches of 4 or 5 hours before waking to eat, which has been glorious. She’s been super close to smiling. Occasionally she will look at Kyle or I and her lips will upturn slightly and her mouth will open. It already melts my heart. Keira is very much more alert and prefers to sit upright and look around over being laid down. The swing/bouncer combo we bought has been a lifesaver. It keeps Keira more upright and gives me a place to set her down for a few minutes. She loves it. And we love it because of that.

I’ve spent a small amount of time trying to get some nice newborn shots of Keira. Here are some of my favorites. 

IMG_8994

IMG_8998

IMG_8841

IMG_8732

6 comments:

  1. She's adorable! And I love her name. I'm glad that you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 month!!!! I love the pic of her in Hailey's doll bed!!! She is growing fast!!! and I can't wait to see her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Renae (and Kyle!) She's so cute. Macie, Aub and Mike's little baby girl, is soo noisy too! She grunts and gulps and it is just the cutest thing in the world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's adorable! I think the first picture is my favorite. Something about her eyes and the blue outfit. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a pretty little girl. I love her laying in the doll bed, cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...