Sunday, October 20, 2013

Recently.

Here is a little of what has gone down at the Hill home as of lately:
  • Toward the end of August my parents moved from their home in Washington to a future new home in Utah. My dad's job was transferred to work in Salt Lake City. Yay! Family close by! After spending many trips to Utah this summer looking at houses my parents chose to build a new house. They are still waiting to break ground on the foundation. Should be next month! In the meantime, they are living with us and staying in our basement.
  • Our basement is completely finished, except for the bathroom. Since we have temporary permanent guests (temporary permanent?) staying with us, we decided to finish the bathroom in our basement. Really, my parent's funded it, we're doing the work. Or I should say, Kyle is doing the work. I just help pick out what goes in it and take occasional pictures. Kyle has been working on the bathroom every evening after work and every Saturday for the past month. He is working HARD. And it is coming along. Hopefully just another two weeks. Or less. Fingers crossed!
  • Kyle and I were asked to teach a class for a Relief Society activity next month. We are doing the class on repurposing and upcycling. I've been busy trying to figure out the best way to paint on glass for the hands on portion of the class. I'll share more later.
  • Kyle's brother Kris recently got married. Welcome to the family Emmie and Kaylee! We spent the evening partying it up at the reception. Hailey and Keira had a blast dancing. Especially Keira. Honestly, she really stole the show. Laughing and squealing, dancing on Kyle's shoulders. It was hilarious. I wish I had video or pictures or something. But I don't. Sometimes I just want to enjoy the moment.
  • With my parents around, Kyle and I have been able to escape a few nights and go on some dates. Mostly dinner in Salt Lake and then wandering around City Creek. We've also spent a few nights roaming the aisles of Home Depot collecting the endless supplies for the bathroom. Still, Home Depot with no children and just Kyle? I'll take it and love it.
  • I recently cleaned out my portion of our bedroom closet. I had plans to give my unwanted clothing to DI, but found myself keeping almost all of it to repurpose the fabric for clothes for the girls. We'll see if I ever get around to it. So many ideas, not enough time or energy. I need to clean out and organize the sewing room- maybe I'll be able to talk myself into just letting go of it. I'm not a hoarder- absolutely not. But there is just so much potential in some of those shirts!
  • I had a birthday. I turned 29. I really am feeling sad about this. My last year in my 20's. Wah, wah... I know. 29 really isn't that old. But I just don't feel it! Kyle keeps finding gray hairs on my head. He loves to tease me about it. I'm not ready for that. I'm only 23. Really.
  • The past month I've tried to get outside with the girls to enjoy our last few days of nice weather, when we've had it. We've gone on a few walks, did a little longboarding down the driveway and along the sidewalk (the girls sit while I push- boy is that exhausting!), gone to park, colored with sidewalk chalk, and even took a trip to the zoo. I'm not ready for winter yet. I hope it stays away just a little bit longer!     

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I hope this 60 degree weather lasts till Christmas! :) hehe How nice to have your parents move closer. Can't wait to see the finished bathroom. Way to go, Kyle! And last Friday, Bron and I had a similar date: dinner, corn maze, and home depot. Best kind of date! Sometimes you just need a break from those little people and just be the two of you. It's so nice. Lastly, Happy Birthday! I'm not so sure about this 29 stuff creeping up on me either. I laughed when you said you're still 23! It really feels that way. But all our friends who are well into their 30's now insist that 30's are just an extension of their 20's. I guess that makes me feel a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you in the date department. We errand-date all the time! It's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...