Thursday, June 12, 2014

Preschool is Out for the Summer!

School is out and summer is officially here! Hailey loved preschool this year. She had so much fun and was always so excited to go back for another day. She made new friends (most of whom are boys...), learned some classroom routine, sang songs, spoke in front of her peers (show and tell), and enjoyed special holiday class parties (which were SO looked forward to.) For her, I think this past school year was a blast, and totally worth it. 


On her very last day the kids sang songs in a special singing program for parents. The kids sang a handful of songs they had learned through the course of the year. It's always so fun for me to see Hailey interact with her peers and see what she has learned.

Hailey loved her teachers, Miss Mary and Miss Kim. I'm so glad she had such a great experience!


For this next school year we have decided to do preschool at home. I originally enrolled her in a preschool in our neighborhood (we'd be able to walk there!), but after a lot of thought and discussions with Kyle, we decided instead to keep her home. I know she loved the social aspect of preschool. But at the same time I am excited to be able to spend more time at home with her, playing and learning. As I say this, another part of me also hopes I don't go crazy! :) But seriously, this is her last year before heading off to school for the next 13+ years- I want to enjoy it with her before she is gone all day. That being said, no regrets at all about paying for preschool this year. But we are both excited about learning together this next year!

I know this post is about Hailey. But check out Keira rocking the shades. This was her look through the entire singing program. And yes, of course, she is snacking. Food has a powerful calming effect on that child- it keeps her busy and occupied. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...