Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Summer 2013- Part 1

Whew! This summer was busy. A lot of coming and going. And an almost constancy of extra bodies at our house, which we love- seriously, no complaints. We're so glad we have room for visitors to stay with us! We're always taking reservations at Hotel Hill. 

I originally was going to make a new post for each new adventure/holiday, but... wow, that has become a bit daunting. So... I am going to try to condense our entire summer into a small series of posts. 

May 23-27
It all started back in May with Memorial Day Weekend. (Although, you could say it started two weeks previous to that when we flew to Washington for Kyle's sister, Chelsie's wedding.)

Kyle's family came to visit. To be honest, I really don't even remember what we did. Besides what I have documented in pictures. I do know that we spent one evening doing a homemade night. Homemade pizza, homemade root beer, and homemade ice cream. Ah yeah...






We made a traditional pepperoni pizza, BBQ chicken pizza a la Kyle, and a no sauce pizza consisting of layers of diced tomato, Italian sausage, and mozzarella cheese.

Brittany, Kyle's sister, wanted to make a t-shirt quilt from her high school sports t-shirts. She took advantage of having her mom in town and got some extra help putting it together.



June
As I sit here filtering through my pictures, I really can't remember what happened in June. June came and went, I guess. I know we had visitors. My Dad stayed with us for a weekend at the beginning of the month. My cousin Aubrey and her husband Michael stayed with us for a night, which was awesome. 

My parents came towards the end of the month to go to the Davis County Parade of Homes. They are moving here (YAY!) and came to look at houses.

July
We started off July with a visit from Kyle's family. By family I mean, his parents, his siblings and significant others, his aunt, and his cousins. And my dear friend Jeanie, who is also a close family friend. We had 14 extra bodies staying at our house for the 4th of July weekend. It was packed! And awesome. We're so glad we have enough space to house that many extra people. We had people sleeping in the spare bed, on the couch, on the sofa bed, on the love sacks, and on the floor. We used every blanket and every towel we own. It may have been packed, but it was so fun!

Day 1: 4th of July
We traveled to Provo to celebrate our nation's independence at Stadium of Fire with Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Cirque du Soleil. Talk about awesome! Seriously. 





We made sure to plug up Hailey and Keira's ears for their first concert. They both did pretty well. It was late, loud, and long. I didn't expect them to be fantastic. By the end they were both ready to go. I missed half of Kelly Clarkson's performance. I took Keira out and got her to sleep in my arms. Man, that girl is heavy. Hailey was a little scared by the fireworks at first, but warmed up to them by the end.

Day 2: Lagoon
Our second day was spent playing at Lagoon. Kyle and his family used to travel from Washington to Utah, just to go to Lagoon. They would even camp next door to the theme park. Their cousins would drive in from Colorado as well, and they would all meet up and play. Living 5 minutes from Lagoon is a bit of childhood dream come true. 

I am horrible at taking pictures when we're out doing fun things with family. I stole this picture from Facebook. (Jeanie, where are you!? haha... behind the camera. Yes, I know. :))

I do have some pictures of some cute babies though.



  
Day 3: Park City
The next day we traveled up to Park City and played at the Park City Mountain Resort. I use the word played loosely. We waited in line for a long time and then played a little bit. If you go to the Mountain Resort in the summer, start early. Long lines form quickly. 

Despite the lines, the coaster there is awesome. They have a fun track that weaves through the trees and down the mountain. If you've ever done an alpine slide, this is similar, but way better. Of course I have 0 pictures. But I do have a funny video Kyle's sister Chelsie and Aunt Jen took while riding the slide. Enjoy.




After the coaster Jeanie and I ran off to ride the gondola at Canyons Resort. It was pretty fun. I now understand why it's called Canyons Resort. The gondola took us over a nice canyon. Pretty, but a little nerve racking. Yes, I am a whimpy pants.

Even Keira is holding on for dear life!

Ok, it really wasn't that bad. And it was very pretty. 



 Aaand... this post is way too long already. To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're making me miss summer already! Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...