Saturday, December 13, 2014

Keira is 2!




Keira is 2 today! It feels like this day has taken forever to come. It seems like this girl has acted two for the past 4 months or so. And now we are officially here! 2 years old!

She is a funny, funny girl. She is just naturally goofy. She loves to have a good time.  



Keira is a smarty pants. She doesn't miss a thing. I feel like I can tell her just about anything and she gets it. Hailey went to play at Cate's house last week. I told Keira I would take her over to Rara's while Hailey played. Keira put the pieces together, "Hailey, Cate. Rara, me." I love that she understands. That means I can potentially prevent a breakdown by explaining what is happening, or will happen, and what we can do afterwards. She gets it and is patient to wait until we're done with whatever we need to do before we can do what she wants.

Keira has picked up a bit of counting... by 2's. Her counting goes 2, 4, 6, 8. Playing hide-and-seek with Hailey she covers her eyes, quickly counts 2,4,6,8 and runs to find her. No matter how hard I try, she will not repeat 1, 3, 5, or 7 with me. I say one, she says two. Oh well, she's starting to get it.

Everything is the color blue. She will repeat back to me the colors I tell her, but when asked what color something is it is always blue.

Keira is a little mimic. She repeats everything she hears immediately after it has been said, with no hesitation. She jabbers all day long. Non-stop talking. She gets a lot of practice in, which is why I feel like she is a pretty good little talker. She is starting to put together her own creative sentences. They are short, and often incomplete, but she is able to fully get her point across. Just the other night Kyle was sitting at the kitchen table. Keira was underneath his chair and let out a toot. She said, "Dad... Dad... Dad..." finally Kyle responded, "What?" she poked her head out from the chair and looked up at him, "I toot."

Keira is getting quite imaginative in her pretend play. She totes Monkey around with her and pretends to wipe his bum, or feed him food. She likes to get him dressed in doll clothes and put him to bed to sleep. She also enjoys cooking in the play kitchen and occasionally brings me food to eat. 

She is a non-stop eater. Need to motivate Keira? Just mention food and she'll come running. "Yay! Snack!" There isn't anything she doesn't like, besides refried beans. Though just last week we had a bit of a breakthrough. She ate refried beans, all on her own. Sometimes Keira devours her food so fast, she doesn't know what happened. One day Keira ate her clementine orange so quickly she was genuinely confused where it went. "Where'd orange go?" I had to explain to her that she had already eaten it. She wasn't so happy about that answer. 

Keira loves to read books. The second I sit down on the couch I have two little girls racing to the books to get back to me with the first one. Keira is always patient when it's Hailey's turn. As soon as Hailey's book is finished she sprints back to me (I don't know why she never wants to sit and listen to it too) with a new book, "My turn!


Keira is the most polite toddler ever. She is quick to apologize, even to inanimate objects, like the couch. I love her "Sorry, Mommy." Her thank you's are adorable. She always mentions the person she is thanking by name, "Thank you Hey (Hailey)." Keira is also very good at sharing. She's never happy if you take from her, but if you ask nicely she is nearly always willing to share.

Keira is a pure delight and wins me over daily. Happy Birthday Keira!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...